Sunday, July 17, 2011

30-Day Book Challenge: Day 21

Day 21: Book That You Used to Love but Now Hate


Error. The book you requested cannot be found.
    Seriously, this has never happened to me. 99.9 percent of the time, my initial feelings of a finished book remain the same. The remaining 0.1 percent happens when I like a book that I previously did not like.
    I have never liked a book and later disliked it. Such a concept seems so ... foreign ... to me.
    I suppose that I could put the Harry Potter series in this post, but it's not the same feeling as "I loved it, but now I hate it." It's more like "I loved it, but now I feel indifferent about it."
    Really, my decreasing fanhood of J.K. Rowling's series doesn't have anything to do with a simple change in taste. I blame the media for sucking away so much of my fanhood.
    Probably the entire period of time between Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 was spent with the media releasing nothing but Harry Potter this and Harry Potter that. It was the same case in the Facebook community. I swear I've never seen so many Potter-related statuses in such a short period of time.
    Sooner or later I just came to think Enough already! The series isn't THAT good! Because it isn't. The books are really good (in fact, among my favorites), but the movies are generally meh. David Yates, who directed the final four movies, screwed up really badly on two of them (HPAT Order of the Phoenix and HPAT Half-Blood Prince). The movies are nowhere near as good as the books, but people could not stop talking about the movies. I was sick to death of hearing about it. I still am!
    So for the above reasons, I now feel fairly indifferent about the Harry Potter books. However, I definitely do not hate them. I cannot think of any book that I once loved and now hate.

No comments:

Post a Comment