Tuesday, June 28, 2011

30-Day Book Challenge: Day 3

Today is a big day for Ringers everywhere.
    For the first time since 2004, The Lord of the Rings: the Return of the King returns to the movies. And it's the extended edition. This was the only movie of the three that I saw in theatres during its original running, and I cannot wait to see it on the big screen again.
    Also, the extended edition of the Lord of the Rings trilogy comes to Blu-Ray. I do not own a Blu-Ray player, but this news still makes me happy.
    Now, back to the intent of this post.

Day 03: Favorite Book as a Child


I don't think I read every single book in this collection, but I read a lot of them.
    Sadly, I do not remember as much of this series as I would like. There is only one book I remember vividly, and I cannot even remember the title. In this book, Frog and Toad bake cookies, but they can't stop eating them. Frog decides that they need to teach themselves willpower, so Frog thinks of different ways to keep them from eating the cookies. However, Toad points out how each idea won't work. Eventually, they both have the willpower to not eat more cookies, but Toad announces that he's going to make a cake.
    I think the main reason I like Frog and Toad so much is because they were the first books I learned to read on my own. My parents read me plenty of Eric Carle and Dr. Seuss, but Frog and Toad books were the first books that I made myself read. I probably took some kind of pride in that, and even if I cannot remember the books I read now, I remember really liking Frog and Toad as a child.
    The Frog and Toad books are my favorite books from my childhood because they were the first I read on my own, and the five- or six-year-old me was probably very proud of that. Plus, they were just good, entertaining books.

No comments:

Post a Comment